Bertha Poen, 83 - March 02, 2014Bertha Poen, 83, of Gothenburg died Sunday, March 2, 2014, at Hilltop Estates in Gothenburg.
Services will take place at Blase-Strauser Memorial Chapel on Friday, March 7, at 3 p.m. with the Rev. Larry Viter officiating. Interment will be conducted at the Gothenburg Cemetery.
A visitation will be at Blase-Strauser Memorial Chapel of Gothenburg on Thursday, March 6, from 1 to 8 p.m.
Poen was born May 18, 1930, at Taylor, daughter of Homer and Altha (Wright) Dishman. She grew up in Taylor and went to school in Gothenburg.
She married William “Bill” Poen, Jr. in June of 1948 at Ovid, CO. To this union, three children were born.
Poen was active with her church and enjoyed raising a garden, had a beautiful yard and loved baking bread, according to family members.
She was preceded in death by: her husband, William Poen, Jr.; a son, Roy Dean Poen; her parents, Homer and Altha; two brothers—Virgil and Bill Dishman; four sisters—Irene Dubry, Marie Linblad, Violet Mludek and Elsie Arnett.
?Survivors include: two sons—Alvin (Boni) Poen of Gothenburg and Larry Poen of Emment, ID; three brothers—Harold Dishman of Laramie, WY, Albert (Linda) Dishman and David Dishman, all of Gothenburg; a sister, Lucy (Richard) Sabin of Cozad; nine grandchildren; great-grandchildren; nieces and nephews; numerous extended family members.
Memorials are suggested to the Poen family, 114 Third St., Gothenburg, NE 69138.
- New paint job
- City sales tax to fund $1.4 million of RDA project
- Swedes grind out 40-21 win over Valentine
- Food Backpack Program added to list of agencies that get United Fund support
- Swedes scramble to split triangular
- Gothenburg tax levy ranks fifth in county
- Brady village budget passes; trustees may make change in lift station involved in lagoon project
- Brady runs over Broncos in blowout