Susan Strayer, 65 - January 02, 2014Susan Strayer, 65, of Central City, formerly of Gothenburg, passed away Thursday, Jan. 2, 2014, at Central City.
Inurnment services will be conducted at the Gothenburg Cemetery on Thursday, Jan. 9, at 2:30 p.m. with the Rev. Mark Borchardt officiating.
Strayer was born Feb. 21, 1948, at Lincoln, the daughter of Gayle and Eileen Strayer.
She grew up at Gothenburg and graduated from Gothenburg High School.
Strayer was employed as an English professor at Lincoln.
She was member of the Nebraska Poets and numerous other poetry clubs.
?Strayer enjoyed teaching, writing poetry, music, playing guitar and painting, according to family members.
?She was preceded in death by: her father, Gayle David Strayer; mother, Eileen Strayer.
?Survivors include: her two sisters—Kayleen (Ron) Ostergard and Viki (Jerry) Schnacker, all of Gothenburg.
Memorials are suggested to St. Jude’s and the Gothenburg Senior Center.
- A quartet of Swedes place at District C-4 meet
- Swedes take homecoming loss to Kearney Catholic
- Women in Agriculture conference Nov. 4-5
- Bag of blessings - helping cancer patients find hope
- United Fund kicks off 2016-17 campaign
- Barnes wins national championship buckle
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair