Lois Merrell, 41 - December 30, 2013Lois Danielle Merrell, 41, of Omaha, formerly of Gothenburg, passed away Monday, Dec. 30, 2013, at her home.
A celebration of life service took place at Becker-Hunt Funeral Home in South Sioux City on Jan. 4, 2014. At her request, the body was cremated.
Merrell was born May 11, 1972, at Glendale, AZ, to John and Sally Merrell.
During her growing-up years, she resided at Gothenburg and graduated from Puyallup High School in Puyallup, WA.
She attended Clover Park Technical College at Tacoma, WA, and was employed as a medical lab tech.
Merrell was preceded in death by: her grandparents, Bill and Madeline Belk, Dick and Nancy Merrell.
Survivors include: her parents, John and Sally of Dakota City; sisters—Kerry (Paul) Dudley of Onawa, IA, and Nancy Merrell of Tacoma; a brother, Greg (Jenny) Merrell of Azelea, OR; nieces—Bethany and Alex Dudley; nephews—LJ Dudley and Turner Merrell; numerous aunts, uncles and cousins.
Memorials are suggested to the family.
- New Methodist pastor takes long road to town
- Time for Farmer’s Market
- Quiz of the day…Will next year’s insurance rates go up or down?
- Bryce Larson competes at new weight class in Maine
- Juniors take aim at club championship
- Climate regs matter to you
- Dawson County shows best, worst of water level changes in NRD
- Prep for fiber begins