Glenn Hicken, 77 - December 23, 2013Glenn F. Hicken, 77, of Kearney died Monday, Dec. 23, 2013, at Good Samaritan Hospital in Kearney.
Family will receive friends for a celebration of life service from 2 to 4 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 27, at the O’Brien Straatmann Redinger Funeral Home with military honors conducted by the Offutt Air Force Honors Team. Interment will take place at a later date at the Kearney Cemetery.
Hicken was born April 15, 1936, at Gothenburg to Franklin and Dorothy (Lauer) Hicken. He grew up and received his education at Gothenburg.
On Oct. 19, 1954, he entered the Air Force and served during both the Korean and Vietnam War.
He was united in marriage to Jayne (Mumper) Hicken on Aug. 10, 1960, at Las Vegas, NV, where they resided.
Hicken retired after 26 years serving with the Air Force to Kearney where he was employed with Eakes Office Products.
He enjoyed fishing, modeling, and computers, according to family members.
Hicken was preceded in death by both parents.
Survivors include: his wife, Jayne Hicken; a son, Lance Hicken of Denver, CO; daughter, Paula (Craig) Stoner of Kearney; brothers—Robert Hicken of Gothenburg and Ralph Hicken of Ann Arbor, MI; a sister, Betty Hubbert of Gothenburg; grandchildren—Elliott Hicken of Edge Water, CO, Camilla Stoner of Glendale, AZ, Macy Stoner of Kearney and Michael Hicken of Denver.
Memorials are suggested to the family for future designation.
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates