Robert Allen Brown, 77 - December 03, 2013Robert Allen Brown, 77, of Fairbury passed away Tuesday, Dec. 3, 2013, at his home.
Services were conducted on Monday, Dec. 9, 2013, at 10 a.m. at the Church of God in Fairbury with the Rev. Kerry Moody officiating.
Brown was born Nov. 2, 1936, to Everett Glen and Lois Irene Brown at Iowa City, IA.
He was preceded in death by: his parents, Everett and Lois; brothers—Glenn and Frank; sister, Sharon Kay Benson; brother-in-law, Calvin Patrick; and great-grandson, William Robert (Robbie) Hodges.
Survivors include: his wife, Tena Louise Hiatt Brown; daughters—Tena Michelle (Roberto) Gonzalez and Stephanie (Kerry) Moody; a son, Robert (Joann) Brown, Jr.; grandchildren—Christina and Katelynn Gonzalez, Jessica Cahill Thomason, Johnathan Hesters, Joshua Cahill, Scott, Joshua, Treagan, Timothy, Jay, Monet and Nila Moody and Tessa Shawhorn; great-grandchildren—Melissa Cahill Thomason, Makenly Thomason, Gwenlynn Filip; sisters—Norma (Larry) Sanders, Ruth Ann (Lyle) Floyd and Mary Jo Patrick; a brother, Steve (Carol) Brown; brother-in-law, Ron Benson.
- Gothenburg 8th graders blast McCook
- Gothenburg plays a feisty brand of basketball at North Platte Jamboree
- Brady volleyball players named to MNAC All-Conference team
- Nebraska Cattlemen host 2016 annual convention
- Chamber hosts Magic on Main Street next week
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Gothenburg youth prepare to serve our country
- Local sisters share more than genetics