Robert Allen Brown, 77 - December 03, 2013Robert Allen Brown, 77, of Fairbury passed away Tuesday, Dec. 3, 2013, at his home.
Services were conducted on Monday, Dec. 9, 2013, at 10 a.m. at the Church of God in Fairbury with the Rev. Kerry Moody officiating.
Brown was born Nov. 2, 1936, to Everett Glen and Lois Irene Brown at Iowa City, IA.
He was preceded in death by: his parents, Everett and Lois; brothers—Glenn and Frank; sister, Sharon Kay Benson; brother-in-law, Calvin Patrick; and great-grandson, William Robert (Robbie) Hodges.
Survivors include: his wife, Tena Louise Hiatt Brown; daughters—Tena Michelle (Roberto) Gonzalez and Stephanie (Kerry) Moody; a son, Robert (Joann) Brown, Jr.; grandchildren—Christina and Katelynn Gonzalez, Jessica Cahill Thomason, Johnathan Hesters, Joshua Cahill, Scott, Joshua, Treagan, Timothy, Jay, Monet and Nila Moody and Tessa Shawhorn; great-grandchildren—Melissa Cahill Thomason, Makenly Thomason, Gwenlynn Filip; sisters—Norma (Larry) Sanders, Ruth Ann (Lyle) Floyd and Mary Jo Patrick; a brother, Steve (Carol) Brown; brother-in-law, Ron Benson.
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates