Peggy Halstrom, 84 - September 11, 2013Peggy Lee (Brinker) Halstrom, 84, of Grand Island, formerly of Gothenburg, died Wednesday, Sept. 11, 2013, at Tiffany Square in Grand Island.
Services took place at the First Presbyterian Church on Monday, Sept. 16, at 10 a.m. with the Rev. Larry Viter officiating. Interment was conducted at the Gothenburg Cemetery.
Halstrom was born April 8, 1929, at Yetter, IA, daughter of Leo and Hazel (Arndt) Brinker.
She grew up at Auburn, IA, and, after graduating high school, attended Iowa State Teachers College.
On April 19, 1957, she married Harlan Halstrom at the Little Brown Church in Nashua, IA. The couple moved to Broken Bow in 1968 and lived there until 1980, then moved to Burwell and lived there until 1984 when they settled in Gothenburg.
Her husband passed away on Oct. 8, 1992, and she remained in Gothenburg until 2008 when she moved to Grand Island.
Halstrom has always enjoyed a good game of cards or bingo, and especially enjoyed casino games, according to family members.
She was preceded in death by: her husband, Harlan Jay Halstrom; her parents, Leo and Hazel Brinker; a brother, Mal Brinker.
Survivors include: her sons—Tim (Kay) Halstrom of Farmington, NM, Tom (Alica) Halstrom of Grand Island and Todd Halstrom of Las Vegas, NV; four grandchildren—Jackson, Elliott, Alex and Matthew; a sister-in-law, Judy McNally; numerous extended family members.
Memorials are suggested to the American Diabetes Association.
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates