Arlene Kammerer, 79 - August 14, 2013Arlene LaVerne Kammerer, 79, of Gothenburg, formerly of Republican City, passed away Wednesday, Aug. 14, 2013, at Good Samaritan Hospital in Kearney.
Services will be conducted on Saturday, Aug. 17, at 2 p.m. at the United Methodist Church in Alma with the Revs. Jim Bendorf and Jeff Cottingham officiating. Interment will be at the Republican City Cemetery.
A visitation will take place on Friday, Aug. 16, from 4 to 8 p.m. with family present from 6 to 7:30 p.m. at the Bauer-Torrey & Mach Funeral Home in Alma.
Kammerer was born March 31, 1934, at Harlan County, near Woodruff, KS, the youngest of 13 children born to Holger and Emma (Noren) Christensen.
She attended primary schools at District 59 and District 23 country schools in rural Harlan County, and graduated from Long Island High School at Long Island, KS, with the Class of 1951.
Following her graduation, she resided at Topeka, KS, and Redondo Beach, CA.
On May 5, 1957, she was united in marriage to Marvin Merle Kammerer
- Two Swedes in winner’s circle
- Cozad contains Swedes in rivalry game
- Swedes fail to sweep Chase County
- New county leadership
- Eagles fly high after 1-1 weekend
- Gasoline prices catching up with drop in crude oil prices
- Lecturer says genetically engineered animals could ease world hunger
- Peterson: Movie-making in Chicago friendlier atmosphere than in LA, NYC