Arlene Kammerer, 79 - August 14, 2013Arlene LaVerne Kammerer, 79, of Gothenburg, formerly of Republican City, passed away Wednesday, Aug. 14, 2013, at Good Samaritan Hospital in Kearney.
Services will be conducted on Saturday, Aug. 17, at 2 p.m. at the United Methodist Church in Alma with the Revs. Jim Bendorf and Jeff Cottingham officiating. Interment will be at the Republican City Cemetery.
A visitation will take place on Friday, Aug. 16, from 4 to 8 p.m. with family present from 6 to 7:30 p.m. at the Bauer-Torrey & Mach Funeral Home in Alma.
Kammerer was born March 31, 1934, at Harlan County, near Woodruff, KS, the youngest of 13 children born to Holger and Emma (Noren) Christensen.
She attended primary schools at District 59 and District 23 country schools in rural Harlan County, and graduated from Long Island High School at Long Island, KS, with the Class of 1951.
Following her graduation, she resided at Topeka, KS, and Redondo Beach, CA.
On May 5, 1957, she was united in marriage to Marvin Merle Kammerer
- 35 years of caring for kids
- Melons start season with improved LED scoreboard
- Brady boys take 4x400 title, finish third at state
- Brady hosting Pistol Pat basketball camp
- USDA reminds farmers to certify conservation compliance by June 1
- Parent: ‘Being with’ children important
- Reeves leaves with two top performances
- Freedom always has a price