Arlene Kammerer, 79 - August 14, 2013Arlene LaVerne Kammerer, 79, of Gothenburg, formerly of Republican City, passed away Wednesday, Aug. 14, 2013, at Good Samaritan Hospital in Kearney.
Services will be conducted on Saturday, Aug. 17, at 2 p.m. at the United Methodist Church in Alma with the Revs. Jim Bendorf and Jeff Cottingham officiating. Interment will be at the Republican City Cemetery.
A visitation will take place on Friday, Aug. 16, from 4 to 8 p.m. with family present from 6 to 7:30 p.m. at the Bauer-Torrey & Mach Funeral Home in Alma.
Kammerer was born March 31, 1934, at Harlan County, near Woodruff, KS, the youngest of 13 children born to Holger and Emma (Noren) Christensen.
She attended primary schools at District 59 and District 23 country schools in rural Harlan County, and graduated from Long Island High School at Long Island, KS, with the Class of 1951.
Following her graduation, she resided at Topeka, KS, and Redondo Beach, CA.
On May 5, 1957, she was united in marriage to Marvin Merle Kammerer
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates