Rodney Parrish, 63 - August 02, 2013Rodney Parrish, 63, of Gothenburg died Friday, Aug. 2, 2013, at home with his wife by his side.
A visitation will take place at Blase-Strauser Memorial Chapel of Gothenburg on Tuesday, Aug. 6, from 1 to 8 p.m.
Memorial services will be conducted at Victory Assembly of God on Wednesday, Aug. 7, at 11 a.m. with the Rev. Mark Borchardt officiating.
Parrish was born Feb. 25, 1950, at Detroit, MI, son of Jesse Warvie and Viola Parrish.
He was united in marriage to Mae Swindle on Aug. 30, 1978, at Las Vegas, NV.
Parrish proudly served his country with the U.S. Army during the Vietnam War 1967-69.
He was employed numerous years as an over-the-road truck driver.
Parrish was proud of his Cherokee heritage and enjoyed fishing, working on cars and was a well-known computer geek, according to family members.
He was preceded in death by: his father, Jesse Warvie; his mother, Viola Parrish.
Survivors include: his wife, Mae Swindle of Gothenburg; three daughters—Lori Zimmerman, Cara M. Warvie and MaeLynn Westbrook; four sons—Jesse L. Warvie, James D. Stevens, Rodney L. Parrish, Jr., and Wayne H. Parrish; 23 grandchildren; numerous extended family members.
Memorials are suggested to the Victory Assembly of God, 2611 Lake Ave., Gothenburg, NE 69138.
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates