Sophie Layne Ummel - March 03, 2010
To Jerry and Amber Ummel of Gothenburg, on Monday, March 1, 2010, at Gothenburg Memorial Hospital, a daughter, Sophie Layne, weighing seven pounds, 1.6 ounces. She was welcomed home by a sister, Mylah.
Paternal grandparents are Rich Ummel of Ness City, KS, and Cynthia Ummel of Solomon, KS. Maternal grandparent is Connie Willis of Benkelman.
Great-grandparents include Genevieve Willis of Benkelman, Dora Mae Rose of St. Francis, KS, and Shirley Mauch of Ness City.
- Tim Strauser installed as funeral directors president
- Lake water diversion aids both flood relief and long-term water goals
- Swedes’ book about Gothenburg to be released in August
- Same song, 11th verse for Blue Heron Campground
- Six Swede boys make it to state
- PinPoint fiber problem solved
- Graduation shirt is now 75 years old
- Top-ranked academic students speak at GHS graduation