Horn second at spelling bee
Brady sixth-grader Jada Horn finished in second place in her age division at the Lincoln County Spelling Bee in North Platte on Feb. 11.
Nearly 80 students in fifth through eighth grades competed from 18 county schools.
Students first competed at their individual grade level, with the top two students from each grade advancing to the championship.
The top two overall winners, both from Sutherland, will go on to compete at the Midwest Spelling Bee in Omaha on March 13.
Brady spelling bee contestants were fifth graders Emily Brown and Joya Most, sixth graders Horn and Steph Black, seventh graders Trevor Mann and Sidney Pride and eighth graders Carissa Rayburn and Austin Widick.
- Ehmen relative donates relics to local museum
- With help of Gothenburg teen, near-death experience ends OK
- Healthcare concerns
- Resident gets permit for taller fence
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Rural Nebraskans’ optimism up this year
- Runners taking it one step at a time
- Gothenburg hitters pound opposing pitchers at Lex Invite