Lions Club Youth Talent Contest set for March 7
Members of the Gothenburg and Brady Lions Clubs will be sponsoring the annual Youth Talent Contest at the Sun Theatre in Gothenburg on Sunday, March 7.
Competition will begin at 1:30 p.m. There will be no charge for entry and contestants can present their talents in a wide variety of activities. Performances may include singing, dancing, twirling, comedy routine, instrumental and even small group drama activities. The only limit is that acts must last no longer than four minutes.
The contest is organized in six divisions that are determined by age. Where groups are entered there has to be a minimum of three contestants involved and a maximum of nine.
Groups perform in either Division C, for young people 11 years and younger, or Division F, for young people 12 through 18 years. These divisions are ideal for dance groups or twirler groups.
Entries can be made before the event date by contacting Barry McDiarmid at 308-537-2009, and may be accepted until 1:15 p.m. on the day of the event.
The event will qualify winning performers for the Lions District Contest to be held at the Sun Theatre on April 18. Members of the public are welcome to attend.
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates