Firefighters called to Parker Tech Seal Division
Gothenburg Volunteer firefighters showed up at Parker Tech Seal Division Thursday to extinguish smoldering material in a blower fan.
Second assistant fire chief Chris Brede said the call came at about 11:15 a.m. and when they arrived, smoke was coming out of the blower fan on top of a cyclone.
“Some fine rubber dust on the sides inside the blower was smoldering,” Brede said noting that sensors at the plant set off sprinklers that were already dumping water into the fan. “We put a hose up there and doused the water on the smolder spots,” he said.
Brede said no one was injured and there was little, if any, damage.
“It was pretty well contained,” he said.
Firefighters were on the scene about an hour.
When they left, Brede said plant employees were getting ready to start up the blower fan.
Brede said the equipment sucks up dust from the cutting of rubber O rings which is what the company manufactures.
- Gothenburg 8th graders blast McCook
- Gothenburg plays a feisty brand of basketball at North Platte Jamboree
- Brady volleyball players named to MNAC All-Conference team
- Nebraska Cattlemen host 2016 annual convention
- Chamber hosts Magic on Main Street next week
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Gothenburg youth prepare to serve our country
- Local sisters share more than genetics