Battle of the Bands
LOW RIDERS: The Brady High School band advanced to the second round of KNOP-TV’s Battle of the Bands finishing with 659 votes behind Wallace with 777. The band, under the direction of Val Pohlman, was filmed for the next segment on Thursday morning playing the song “Low Rider,” a Billboard No. 1 originally recorded by the group War in 1975.
The public is encouraged to log on to www.knopnews2.com and vote in the second round. In addition to Brady and Wallace, Hershey and Perkins County continue in the competition between area bands. Two will advance to the final round and the winner will receive a pizza party.
- Money for Meals on Wheels
- Tooting his tuba
- City personnel, committees, boards named
- FDA approved doesn’t guarantee medicines are safe or effective
- Friendly fuel prices hit town
- Gothenburg defense limits Broken Bow to just 21 points
- Upon further review, loss to Cozad wasn’t so bad
- Brady on both sides of blowout