Lex to host beef feedlot roundtable
Beef feedlot owners, employees, veterinarians and others in the industry will learn the latest on feedlot health, animal welfare, the environment, economics and research at the 2010 Nebraska Beef Feedlot Roundtable Feb. 10 in Lexington.
The roundtable will be offered at the Holiday Inn Express in Lexington.
Registration is from 8-8:30 a.m. with introduction and welcome at 8:30 by local Extension personnel.
University and industry representatives will speak on animal health and management topics which include responsible antibiotic use, deadstock and proper disposal under the new laws and feedlot cattle handling to improve animal welfare.
In addition, university faculty will discuss implications of cap/trade and climate legislation on the feedlot industry, air quality regulations, runoff control via vegetative treatment systems and some discussion of feedlot economics in 2010. The program will end with a research update.
The meeting will adjourn by 4 p.m.
Lunch will be sponsored by the Nebraska Beef Council with an update on new beef products at the Nebraska locations.
Preregistration is available by fax, e-mail or mail and is requested by Feb. 4. Cost is $25 and will be accepted with a preregistration at the door. Cost for those who have not preregistered will be $40.
- Gothenburg 8th graders blast McCook
- Gothenburg plays a feisty brand of basketball at North Platte Jamboree
- Brady volleyball players named to MNAC All-Conference team
- Nebraska Cattlemen host 2016 annual convention
- Chamber hosts Magic on Main Street next week
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Gothenburg youth prepare to serve our country
- Local sisters share more than genetics