Celebration of Hope
Dawson County Relay For Life raises nearly $75,000 to fight cancer
FIGHTERS FOR FISHER: Fifty Gothenburg Memorial Hospital employees made up the team “Fighting for Fisher” at the 20th Annual Dawson County Relay For Life which was Friday night and Saturday morning on the north end of Lake Helen.
Fisher, a former GMH nurse, died of the disease at Good Samaritan Hospital in Kearney at 8:17 a.m. Saturday when the relay ended. Fisher was featured in The Times in a 2012 feature story that told of her battle with ovarian cancer. In the past couple of months, Fisher was also diagnosed with leukemia.
- Swedes’ swinging keeps students singing
- She’s grand marshal of festival
- Park playground equipment in the works
- Eagles open with loss
- Swedes run in two meets, race once
- McCook defense upends Gothenburg softball squad
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Livestock producers urged to enroll for disaster assistance by Sept. 30