Celebration of Hope
Dawson County Relay For Life raises nearly $75,000 to fight cancer
FIGHTERS FOR FISHER: Fifty Gothenburg Memorial Hospital employees made up the team “Fighting for Fisher” at the 20th Annual Dawson County Relay For Life which was Friday night and Saturday morning on the north end of Lake Helen.
Fisher, a former GMH nurse, died of the disease at Good Samaritan Hospital in Kearney at 8:17 a.m. Saturday when the relay ended. Fisher was featured in The Times in a 2012 feature story that told of her battle with ovarian cancer. In the past couple of months, Fisher was also diagnosed with leukemia.
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates
- Playground equipment tops Lake Helen priority
- School administrators reorganize with one less
- Turning to the next page
- The Crossing gets special use permit
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Hotline brings sellers and buyers together