Celebration of Hope
Dawson County Relay For Life raises nearly $75,000 to fight cancer
FIGHTERS FOR FISHER: Fifty Gothenburg Memorial Hospital employees made up the team “Fighting for Fisher” at the 20th Annual Dawson County Relay For Life which was Friday night and Saturday morning on the north end of Lake Helen.
Fisher, a former GMH nurse, died of the disease at Good Samaritan Hospital in Kearney at 8:17 a.m. Saturday when the relay ended. Fisher was featured in The Times in a 2012 feature story that told of her battle with ovarian cancer. In the past couple of months, Fisher was also diagnosed with leukemia.
- Day care center in church gets special permit
- Husker Heritage tourney returns July 18 with new name
- Borchardt ends career with all-class gold
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Input of farmers’ sought for ’15 crops
- Doctor to join GMH after residency
- After tornado cuts swath through downtown, what do you do?
- ‘Ugly corner’ improvements move forward with city council action