Fundraiser planned for Darin Hoffmaster
A benefit for Darin Hoffmaster has been scheduled for Saturday, Aug. 9, at the American Lutheran Church (200 E. 12th Street) in Cozad.
Hoffmaster, manager at Elite Staffing in Cozad, was recently diagnosed with ALS (Lou Gehrig’s Disease).
A meal consisting of pulled pork sandwiches, baked beans, salads and desserts will be served from 5-7 p.m.
A silent auction is also planned. Contact Melanie Nutt at 308-325-6913 to have your donated items picked up or you may take them to the church.
Supplemental funds are being applied for from the Platte Valley Chapter of Thrivent Financial for Lutherans.
All proceeds will help Hoffmaster and his wife Jill with medical and travel expenses incurred by his illness.
- Day care center in church gets special permit
- Husker Heritage tourney returns July 18 with new name
- Borchardt ends career with all-class gold
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Input of farmers’ sought for ’15 crops
- Doctor to join GMH after residency
- After tornado cuts swath through downtown, what do you do?
- ‘Ugly corner’ improvements move forward with city council action