SWC basketball begins Monday
Both boys and girls at home for first round.
Brackets are set for the 2010 Southwest Conference basketball tournament which begins with boys action on Monday.
The Minden boys have earned the top seed in the tournament and will not play in the first round but will host the winner of Ogallala and Valentine in the semi-finals on Thursday, Jan. 28.
Other first-round games have Broken Bow at Gothenburg and Cozad at Ainsworth on Monday.
Winners of those two games will play at the top seeded school, also on Thursday.
Both the boys championship and consolation games will be played at Lexington High School on Saturday, Jan. 30.
Losers of the semi-finals games will square off for third place at 2:45 p.m. with the championship set for 6:15 p.m.
Girls SWC tournament action begins on Tuesday.
The Swedes will host Cozad at 7 p.m. Other first-round action includes Ainsworth at Ogallala and Broken Bow at Valentine.
Minden earned the top seed and a first-round bye. The Whippets will host the winner of the Gothenburg-Cozad game at 7 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 29.
The other semi-final game will be played at the site of the highest seeded first-round winner.
Like the boys, the girls SWC finals and third-place games will be played at Lexington on Saturday, Jan. 30.
The consolation game is at 1 p.m with the championship at 4:30 p.m.
- A quartet of Swedes place at District C-4 meet
- Swedes take homecoming loss to Kearney Catholic
- Women in Agriculture conference Nov. 4-5
- Bag of blessings - helping cancer patients find hope
- United Fund kicks off 2016-17 campaign
- Barnes wins national championship buckle
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair