Finishing the Fight
CANCER SURVIVORS: Area cancer survivors are preparing for the 20th Annual American Cancer Society Relay For Life Survivor Lap that kicks off the overnight event on Friday, July 25, at Lake Helen in Gothenburg. Receiving their 2014 commemorative T-shirts at the recent Survivor & Caregiver Recognition Dinner were, l-r: Front—Trish Keithley, Lexington; Doris M. Anderson, Cozad; Zelpha Mason, Cozad; Pam Ackerman, Lexington; Nancy Aden, Gothenburg; Cora Lee Bosch, Gothenburg; Sandy Widholm, Gothenburg; JoAn Ostergard, Gothenburg; Second row—Kevin Keithley, Lexington; Verla Montey, Cozad; Betty Oleson-Sargent, Cozad; Beverly Bartruff, Eustis; Lisa Petska, Cozad; Teri Coenan, Cozad; Louise Dannehl, Lexington; Tony Garcia, Lexington; Marilyn Ladwig, Lexington; Jan Lichtenwalter, Lexington; Sandy Bice, Cozad; Third row—Chris Barnes, Cozad; Bonnie Hansen, Cozad; Norma Scott, Gothenburg; Cindy Fisher, Moorefield; Kim Hartman, Cozad; Joanne Staton, Cozad; Back—Ryan Groene, Gothenburg; David Trembley, Lexington; Tim Bice, Cozad. For more information about being part of the Lap of Hope at Relay For Life, contact survivor chairperson Chris Barnes of Cozad at 308-784-4484.
- Day care center in church gets special permit
- Husker Heritage tourney returns July 18 with new name
- Borchardt ends career with all-class gold
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Input of farmers’ sought for ’15 crops
- Doctor to join GMH after residency
- After tornado cuts swath through downtown, what do you do?
- ‘Ugly corner’ improvements move forward with city council action