Swede golfers close out season at Dist. B-4 meet
Gothenburg continued its improved scoring but couldn’t make a break-through Monday in the District B-4 golf meet at Cozad.
The Swedes finished with a team score of 371, which placed 11th.
McCook claimed the district championship with a 301 team score. Scottsbluff was four strokes back at 305.
Gothenburg’s golfers started on the back nine at Cozad and most found it to their liking. The Swedes’ combined score was 16 strokes better than on the front nine.
Adam Speck was the low scorer for Gothenburg. He shot a 39 on the back nine and 46 on the front for an 85.
Noah Hofman of McCook earned meet medalist honors after winning a playoff with two other golfers. They all had shot 71.
- New paint job
- City sales tax to fund $1.4 million of RDA project
- Swedes grind out 40-21 win over Valentine
- Food Backpack Program added to list of agencies that get United Fund support
- Swedes scramble to split triangular
- Gothenburg tax levy ranks fifth in county
- Brady village budget passes; trustees may make change in lift station involved in lagoon project
- Brady runs over Broncos in blowout