Swede golfers close out season at Dist. B-4 meet
Gothenburg continued its improved scoring but couldn’t make a break-through Monday in the District B-4 golf meet at Cozad.
The Swedes finished with a team score of 371, which placed 11th.
McCook claimed the district championship with a 301 team score. Scottsbluff was four strokes back at 305.
Gothenburg’s golfers started on the back nine at Cozad and most found it to their liking. The Swedes’ combined score was 16 strokes better than on the front nine.
Adam Speck was the low scorer for Gothenburg. He shot a 39 on the back nine and 46 on the front for an 85.
Noah Hofman of McCook earned meet medalist honors after winning a playoff with two other golfers. They all had shot 71.
- Gothenburg 8th graders blast McCook
- Gothenburg plays a feisty brand of basketball at North Platte Jamboree
- Brady volleyball players named to MNAC All-Conference team
- Nebraska Cattlemen host 2016 annual convention
- Chamber hosts Magic on Main Street next week
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Gothenburg youth prepare to serve our country
- Local sisters share more than genetics