Swede golfers post low score of season
Gothenburg golfers displayed improved play Thursday at the Ogallala Invitational.
The Swedes had a season-low 371 while placing eighth in the tournament. McCook earned the team title with a 313, beating runner-up Alliance by 30 strokes.
Eric Linnemeyer paced the Swedes with an 89. He opened with a 44 and finished with a 45.
Adam Speck and Drake Brand were close behind with 90 and 91, respectively.
Gering’s Austin Kaufman was the meet medalist with a 71.
- A quartet of Swedes place at District C-4 meet
- Swedes take homecoming loss to Kearney Catholic
- Women in Agriculture conference Nov. 4-5
- Bag of blessings - helping cancer patients find hope
- United Fund kicks off 2016-17 campaign
- Barnes wins national championship buckle
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair