Swede golfers post low score of season
Gothenburg golfers displayed improved play Thursday at the Ogallala Invitational.
The Swedes had a season-low 371 while placing eighth in the tournament. McCook earned the team title with a 313, beating runner-up Alliance by 30 strokes.
Eric Linnemeyer paced the Swedes with an 89. He opened with a 44 and finished with a 45.
Adam Speck and Drake Brand were close behind with 90 and 91, respectively.
Gering’s Austin Kaufman was the meet medalist with a 71.
- Area News Digest
- Swim team succeeds at Minden
- Fleetwood Mac tribute band headlines fair
- Dredging project continues at Jeffrey Lake
- UNL leading crop productivity research project
- Concert, color run, rodeo all part of Fourth of July events
- Offensive woes continue for senior melons
- Pony Express Re-ride