Petunia and Chicken
Theatre Company visits: A New York-based theatre group, Animal Engine Theatre Company, performed for sophomore English students last Wednesday at Gothenburg High School. Wife-and-husband team Carrie Brown (left) and Karim Muasher performed “Petunia and Chicken” in the performing arts center. The show, created by the couple, was inspired by the works of Midwestern author Willa Cather. The couple also interacted with students about the work in the classroom. Funds were raised to bring the company to Gothenburg and the visit was part of their Nebraska Author’s unit. Pictured is English 10 teacher Roxanne Whiting (far left).
- Day care center in church gets special permit
- Husker Heritage tourney returns July 18 with new name
- Borchardt ends career with all-class gold
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Input of farmers’ sought for ’15 crops
- Doctor to join GMH after residency
- After tornado cuts swath through downtown, what do you do?
- ‘Ugly corner’ improvements move forward with city council action