Lions donate Kindle to Brady student
Reading has gotten a little easier for Brady seventh-grader Dalton Mays.
On Jan. 5, the Brady Lions Club presented Mays with a Kindle and some electronic books to be loaded on it.
Mays has a rare visual disorder called Best’s disease, a hereditary form of progressive macular dystrophy.
Mays’ eyesight has been slowly deteriorating over the past couple of years making it difficult for him to read the small print of books.
The Amazon Kindle is an electronic device which can hold multiple digital books, allowing Mays to enlarge the print so that he can read more easily.
Sight conservation is one of several international Lions Club service projects.
Mays is the son of Steve and Gerri Hild of Brady.
- SERVICE IN JEOPARDY
- Winning team repeats in scramble
- Study shares ways to grow housing
- Peddlers in the park
- Lifeguards host annual swim carnival
- Trinity Lutheran construction to begin Construction.
- Commissioners discuss late bill privately, approve lake trail addition
- Brady school student numbers grow slightly