Lions donate Kindle to Brady student
Reading has gotten a little easier for Brady seventh-grader Dalton Mays.
On Jan. 5, the Brady Lions Club presented Mays with a Kindle and some electronic books to be loaded on it.
Mays has a rare visual disorder called Best’s disease, a hereditary form of progressive macular dystrophy.
Mays’ eyesight has been slowly deteriorating over the past couple of years making it difficult for him to read the small print of books.
The Amazon Kindle is an electronic device which can hold multiple digital books, allowing Mays to enlarge the print so that he can read more easily.
Sight conservation is one of several international Lions Club service projects.
Mays is the son of Steve and Gerri Hild of Brady.
- Eastside offers cremation services
- Pinpoint outage affects landline customers
- Junior golf ends with championship tourney
- Swimmers end season with new league record at Plains tSunami championships
- Property owners urged to comply with nuisance rules
- Commissioners approve new fiber optics provider
- Black Hills Corp. to buy out SourceGas company
- AREA NEWS DIGEST