GVFD firefighters recognized at annual banquet Saturday
The Gothenburg Volunteer Fire Dept. held its annual banquet Saturday at Wild Horse Golf Course.
A tally of calls answered in 2013 was read by president Rob Ostergard. There were 252 ambulance and transfer calls and 56 fire calls.
Awards for years of service were presented, and 10 members received certificates of recognition for a combined total of 160 years of dedicated service to the department and community.
Two new members joined the Gothenburg Volunteer Fire Dept. in 2013—Matt Farr and Corey Rossell, both who are experienced firefighters from other volunteer departments.
It was noted that 21 of the 44 members are current EMTs.
Officers for 2014 were presented. The evening concluded with socializing by members and guests.
- Brady blanks Wallace Eagles behind strong ground game
- Learning to teach a new way
- First State Bank buys branch bank in Mullen
- Local business not compliant during check
- Gothenburg girls finish 2nd at Bow, boys are 9th
- Strong Swede ‘D’ makes the difference at Scottsbluff
- Swedes nearly sweep Sutherland triangular
- Eagles volleyball flies at .500