Trio earns SWC all-conference honors
Three Gothenburg basketball players were selected as the Southwest Conferences top performers this winter.
Junior Tanner Borchardt and Regan Geiken were recognized as first team all-conference while Aryn Meisinger was selected to the SWC third team.
Borchardt led the boys basketball team to the C1-11 subdistrict championship game. He scored a team high 415 points and grabbed 301 rebounds, both top marks in the schools’ all-time record books.
The other selections for the boys first team were Ainsworth duo Brady Delimont and Matt McLeod, Valetine’s Brooks Coleman and Conor Young from Cozad.
Geiken, who etched her name into eight new spots in Gothenburg’s top 10, led the Swedes with 298 points this season. She also led Gothenburg with 138 rebounds and 47 assists.
Meisinger, a senior guard provided 138 points for Gothenburg this season and recorded 45 steals for the Swedes.
The girls all-conference first team was rounded out by the Kissinger trio of Brooke, Jamie and Taylor from Minden and Ellie Carr from Ainsworth.
- Gothenburg 8th graders blast McCook
- Gothenburg plays a feisty brand of basketball at North Platte Jamboree
- Brady volleyball players named to MNAC All-Conference team
- Nebraska Cattlemen host 2016 annual convention
- Chamber hosts Magic on Main Street next week
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Gothenburg youth prepare to serve our country
- Local sisters share more than genetics