Drugs seized near Gothenburg
A Sunday traffic stop on Interstate 80 near the Gothenburg exit led to the seizure of 122 pounds of marijuana and the arrest of a California resident.
Around 3:18 p.m., a Nebraska State Patrol trooper stopped an eastbound 2013 Chevy Impala for driving on the shoulder near the exit. The trooper was given consent to search the vehicle and the search led to the seizure of marijuana which was located in six duffel bags in the trunk of the car.
The driver and lone occupant of the vehicle, Toua Thao, 47, of Fresno, CA, was lodged in the Dawson County Jail on a charge of possession of marijuana with intent to deliver.
- Swedes’ swinging keeps students singing
- She’s grand marshal of festival
- Park playground equipment in the works
- Eagles open with loss
- Swedes run in two meets, race once
- McCook defense upends Gothenburg softball squad
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Livestock producers urged to enroll for disaster assistance by Sept. 30