Local resident victim of home repair scam
At least one rural Gothenburg resident is the victim of a home repair scam, according to Dawson County sheriff Gary Reiber.
Reiber said that the residence lost about $18,700 in a scam that started with the installation of a lightning rod system and other repairs.
The sheriff said he needs citizen help to see if others in the county have been contacted by or had work done by home repair workers.
Reiber said to contact the Dawson/Gosper Crime Stoppers at 1-866-652-7383 or on the Internet at www.dawsoncountycrimestoppers.com, the local police department at 537-3608 or sheriff’s office at 308-324-3011.
- Money for Meals on Wheels
- Tooting his tuba
- City personnel, committees, boards named
- FDA approved doesn’t guarantee medicines are safe or effective
- Friendly fuel prices hit town
- Gothenburg defense limits Broken Bow to just 21 points
- Upon further review, loss to Cozad wasn’t so bad
- Brady on both sides of blowout