Local resident victim of home repair scam
At least one rural Gothenburg resident is the victim of a home repair scam, according to Dawson County sheriff Gary Reiber.
Reiber said that the residence lost about $18,700 in a scam that started with the installation of a lightning rod system and other repairs.
The sheriff said he needs citizen help to see if others in the county have been contacted by or had work done by home repair workers.
Reiber said to contact the Dawson/Gosper Crime Stoppers at 1-866-652-7383 or on the Internet at www.dawsoncountycrimestoppers.com, the local police department at 537-3608 or sheriff’s office at 308-324-3011.
- SWC Girls BB Bracket
- SWC Boys BB Bracket
- Swedes grapple to fourth place finish at UNK duals
- Gothenburg triumphs over rival Haymakers
- Capitol Update from Sen. Matt Williams
- McMeen steps down as CEO of McMeen Physical Therapy, P.C.
- Brady dominates Stapleton on home court
- Swedes defeat Sidney for championship