Local resident victim of home repair scam
At least one rural Gothenburg resident is the victim of a home repair scam, according to Dawson County sheriff Gary Reiber.
Reiber said that the residence lost about $18,700 in a scam that started with the installation of a lightning rod system and other repairs.
The sheriff said he needs citizen help to see if others in the county have been contacted by or had work done by home repair workers.
Reiber said to contact the Dawson/Gosper Crime Stoppers at 1-866-652-7383 or on the Internet at www.dawsoncountycrimestoppers.com, the local police department at 537-3608 or sheriff’s office at 308-324-3011.
- Lake Helen coming to life
- Dist. 20 state aid chopped
- Dawson County 4-H students return from trip East
- Rodeo, fun walk part of July 4 events
- Pony Express Re-ride gallops past Gothenburg
- Jack Ostergard part of Nebraska Sandhills Cowboy Hall of Fame
- Commissioners receive four bids for new culverts
- City council forced to go with gut over escaped dog