Local resident victim of home repair scam
At least one rural Gothenburg resident is the victim of a home repair scam, according to Dawson County sheriff Gary Reiber.
Reiber said that the residence lost about $18,700 in a scam that started with the installation of a lightning rod system and other repairs.
The sheriff said he needs citizen help to see if others in the county have been contacted by or had work done by home repair workers.
Reiber said to contact the Dawson/Gosper Crime Stoppers at 1-866-652-7383 or on the Internet at www.dawsoncountycrimestoppers.com, the local police department at 537-3608 or sheriff’s office at 308-324-3011.
- Fashion favorites and ‘All That Jazz’
- Wellness Center fund-raising for indoor bikes
- Brady Days celebrates 125th anniversary of village founding
- Development group honors village for its innovation
- Meet your new councilman
- Relay For Life fundraising tops $54,000
- Pushing back against high-priced meds
- Sedlak-Poff champs of member-guest tourney