Calling local homeowners
Rehab funds could be available.
Gothenburg homeowners still have time to complete an interest sheet at the city office for those wishing to take part in an owner-occupied housing rehabilitation program.
Homes participating in the program must be brought up to a set of quality standards which can include roofs, windows, foundations, siding, HVAC, handicap accessibility and lead-based paint.
The program can fund homes with a maximum $25,000 of rehabilitation costs and is available to income-eligible homeowners.
Residents are asked to complete an interest sheet at the city office that will determine the amount of funding for which the city will apply.
However it does not guarantee funding.
The deadline for completing interest sheets is March 25.
West Central Nebraska Development District is assisting the city with this potential project which is funded through the Nebraska Department of Economic Development.
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates