Calling local homeowners
Rehab funds could be available.
Gothenburg homeowners still have time to complete an interest sheet at the city office for those wishing to take part in an owner-occupied housing rehabilitation program.
Homes participating in the program must be brought up to a set of quality standards which can include roofs, windows, foundations, siding, HVAC, handicap accessibility and lead-based paint.
The program can fund homes with a maximum $25,000 of rehabilitation costs and is available to income-eligible homeowners.
Residents are asked to complete an interest sheet at the city office that will determine the amount of funding for which the city will apply.
However it does not guarantee funding.
The deadline for completing interest sheets is March 25.
West Central Nebraska Development District is assisting the city with this potential project which is funded through the Nebraska Department of Economic Development.
- New paint job
- City sales tax to fund $1.4 million of RDA project
- Swedes grind out 40-21 win over Valentine
- Food Backpack Program added to list of agencies that get United Fund support
- Swedes scramble to split triangular
- Gothenburg tax levy ranks fifth in county
- Brady village budget passes; trustees may make change in lift station involved in lagoon project
- Brady runs over Broncos in blowout