Swede football players named to all-district team
Nine Gothenburg football players were recognized as top performers in C1-9 district this season by the coaches in a meeting last week.
Six Swedes earned all-district first team recognition for their play on either the offensive, defensive or both sides of the ball.
Three Gothenburg players were named to the district’s second team.
Senior running back Blake Ristine and junior running back Zach Wolf received first-team recognition along with senior offensive and defensive lineman Adam Speck and junior linemen Tanner Borchardt and Dylan Folkers. Senior kicker and safety Trenton Long also earned all-district recognition.
Swede seniors earning all-district honorable mention were fullbacks/linebackers Skyler Kottwitz and Roy Slack along with defensive back Ross Ostendorf.
Gothenburg, who finished 8-3 tied with Kearney Catholic for the second most members recognized on both all-district teams with nine apiece.
State champion Cozad at 13-0, and the winner of the C1-9 district with a 4-0 record, landed 13 players on the all-district list.
- Gothenburg 8th graders blast McCook
- Gothenburg plays a feisty brand of basketball at North Platte Jamboree
- Brady volleyball players named to MNAC All-Conference team
- Nebraska Cattlemen host 2016 annual convention
- Chamber hosts Magic on Main Street next week
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Gothenburg youth prepare to serve our country
- Local sisters share more than genetics