Operation Christmas Child
Gifts in action: For the past several years, the congregation at the First United Methodist Church in Gothenburg have collected gifts to fit in shoe boxes for children in other countries. This year, gifts packed in 133 shoeboxes were sent to Togo, Guinea and Mexico. The Evangelical Free Church also participated, with help from Marlene Jorgenson, in the project which is named Operation Christmas Child. Church secretary Becky Boson said the program tries to show God’s love through the power of the shoebox gifts. Pictured is Methodist Church member Alice Peters who spearheaded the project along with Boson.
- SERVICE IN JEOPARDY
- Winning team repeats in scramble
- Study shares ways to grow housing
- Peddlers in the park
- Lifeguards host annual swim carnival
- Trinity Lutheran construction to begin Construction.
- Commissioners discuss late bill privately, approve lake trail addition
- Brady school student numbers grow slightly