Rudolph to be honored for heading Cattlemen
Cattlemen in Dawson and Buffalo counties will host a “primer” for Gothenburg beef producer Jeff Rudolph who is incoming president for the Nebraska Cattlemen.
The “primer” will be Thursday from 4 to 5 p.m. in honor of Rudolph as part of the 125th Nebraska Cattlemen Anniversary Convention and Trade Show. The social hour will be at the Holiday Inn, Room B and is sponsored by Farm Credit Services of America and Merck Animal Health.
The convention begins Wednesday (today) with a membership meeting at 9 a.m., Cattlemen College at 10 a.m. and a welcome reception and trade show at 6:30 p.m.
On Thursday, the convention begins at 7 a.m. with council meetings, committee meetings, the Nebraska Cattlemen Foundation lunch and the Cattlewomen’s reception. The annual banquet is scheduled at 6 p.m.
On Friday, Nebraska Cattlemen will conduct its annual business meeting.
All cattlemen and women, and interested agribusiness people are encouraged to attend. For more details or to register for the convention, see the Nebraska Cattlemen Magazine or go to nebraskacattlemen.org
For more information about Dawson County Cattlemen, contact directors: John Schroeder of Cozad; Shannon Peterson and Mike Johnson, both of Gothenburg; Dan Keller, Derek McConville and Jared Walahoski, all of Lexington; Tucker Thompson of Eustis; Chris Tordrup of Farnam; Eric Ryan of Overton; or Dawson County Extension educator Bruce Treffer.
- Walk to end Alzheimer’s DAWSON COUNTY EVENT
- Experts don’t recommend getting into a lightning crouch
- Finken shakes off the rust, returns to education
- ‘Raising Nebraska’ exhibit highlights food and families who grow it
- Hazardous waste collection planned
- Herd rebuilding tips to be offered at State of Beef Conference
- Bronze Star for outstanding service in Afghanistan
- Raising the bar