Math mania for calculus class
Two days of calculus?
That’s what Gothenburg High School calculus students experienced at Math Day at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln on Nov. 21 and the day before, according to teacher Sharise Scherer.While traveling to Lincoln on Nov. 20, students collected data on time, distance, velocity and acceleration, did math at a restaurant that included tipping and at the hotel where they stayed. They also participated in a math scavenger hunt at a mall.
The next day, they competed in a quiz bowl, took a PROBE test on problem-solving skills, talked to GHS graduate Mike Hilderbrand about math and toured residence halls and the campus.
- Fashion favorites and ‘All That Jazz’
- Wellness Center fund-raising for indoor bikes
- Brady Days celebrates 125th anniversary of village founding
- Development group honors village for its innovation
- Meet your new councilman
- Relay For Life fundraising tops $54,000
- Pushing back against high-priced meds
- Sedlak-Poff champs of member-guest tourney