Math mania for calculus class
Two days of calculus?
That’s what Gothenburg High School calculus students experienced at Math Day at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln on Nov. 21 and the day before, according to teacher Sharise Scherer.While traveling to Lincoln on Nov. 20, students collected data on time, distance, velocity and acceleration, did math at a restaurant that included tipping and at the hotel where they stayed. They also participated in a math scavenger hunt at a mall.
The next day, they competed in a quiz bowl, took a PROBE test on problem-solving skills, talked to GHS graduate Mike Hilderbrand about math and toured residence halls and the campus.
- Four Swedes finish season at state meet
- Swedes advance to post-season play
- Eagles remain atop District 9 standings
- Ag Land management workshop in Lexington
- Lake, park proposed project revealed
- Vandalism under investigation
- Beauty can shine through at any age
- A quartet of Swedes place at District C-4 meet