Math mania for calculus class
Two days of calculus?
That’s what Gothenburg High School calculus students experienced at Math Day at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln on Nov. 21 and the day before, according to teacher Sharise Scherer.While traveling to Lincoln on Nov. 20, students collected data on time, distance, velocity and acceleration, did math at a restaurant that included tipping and at the hotel where they stayed. They also participated in a math scavenger hunt at a mall.
The next day, they competed in a quiz bowl, took a PROBE test on problem-solving skills, talked to GHS graduate Mike Hilderbrand about math and toured residence halls and the campus.
- Day care center in church gets special permit
- Husker Heritage tourney returns July 18 with new name
- Borchardt ends career with all-class gold
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Input of farmers’ sought for ’15 crops
- Doctor to join GMH after residency
- After tornado cuts swath through downtown, what do you do?
- ‘Ugly corner’ improvements move forward with city council action