Brady beats Sailors in subdistrict final
The Brady volleyball team was forced into its first five-set match of the season in the D1-11 subdistrict final against a tough Sutherland Sailors team.
The Eagles, losers of the first two sets, battled back and won the last three and took the match 3-2 advancing to the district final against Potter Dix.
Head coach Lynne Johnson said after Sutherland won the first two sets 25-17 and 25-20 the girls knew they weren’t done yet and coming back was a possibility.
“The girls were backed into a corner and decided they were going to keep playing,” Johnson said. “It was good to see they were in shape to play five sets and it proved that we could do it.”
Brady began its climb back into the game with a 25-21 win and the contest changed in favor of the Eagles, Johnson said.
“Momentum can change so quickly in the game of volleyball. The girls knew they were the better team and they proved it on the floor.”
Brady won the next two sets—25-15, 15-9.
The Eagles attack was paced by senior Valerie Most with 11 kills.
Freshman Tara Callahan added nine kills while Josie Palmer and Madison Elliott contributed seven each, respectively.
- Avenue I to get more sidewalk
- Wellness Center decision after budget workshop
- Airport Authority wants board member removed
- Eagle football looks to repeat last year’s success
- Rural Poll finds insights on rural Nebraskans’ activism
- Soybean farmers observe, evaluate work of checkoff
- District 20 enrollment creeps up
- Coaches remain confident after 15-4 loss to McCook