Making gingerbread houses
What do Dudley Elementary third graders in Cindy Fickenscher’s class like best about decorating gingerbread houses?
“The candy,” yelled the students in unison.
Last Friday, found the three sections of third graders squeezing frosting on graham crackers that had been hot glued by a parent volunteer on used milk cartons from the cafeteria.
Bowls of every kind of candy imaginable decorated a table. Students filled coffee filters with their choice of sweets and carried them to their desks.Payton Buss said he liked decorating a house because he made one with a friend.
“I didn’t think it would be fun but it started being fun when I helped him,” Buss said. “It’s still fun today.”
Amber Brown liked the beautiful colors of candy and “all of the frosting you get on your hand that you get to lick off.”
- Eastside offers cremation services
- Pinpoint outage affects landline customers
- Junior golf ends with championship tourney
- Swimmers end season with new league record at Plains tSunami championships
- Property owners urged to comply with nuisance rules
- Commissioners approve new fiber optics provider
- Black Hills Corp. to buy out SourceGas company
- AREA NEWS DIGEST