Village of Brady applies for federal grant funds
The Village of Brady board of trustees approved the signing of an application for a Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) at their meeting Oct. 9.
The CDBG grant is for $25,600 with a match of 25%, or $8,000, from the village’s general fund.
Trustees want to spend the $33,600 on a master drainage plan.
The application is due by Nov. 1 but funds wouldn’t be awarded until January if Brady receives the grant.
On Tuesday, West Central Development District director Karl Elmshaeuser said the board followed grant requirements by notifying Brady residence of a meeting where they would speak for or against the application.
Trustees discussed their interest in federal funds and how they would be spent in the village but no one from the public was present.
In other business, trustees:
approved a class C liquor license for the Hitchin’ Post to add a beer garden onto their building.
tabled joining ACE as the villages natural gas supplier until the next meeting on Nov. 13.
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates