Brady powers through Maywood, Med. Valley
The Brady volleyball team hosted a triangular with Maywood and Medicine Valley Oct. 8.
The Eagles beat Maywood in straight sets 25-16, 25-12.
Head coach Lynne Johnson said the girls knew what to expect in the matches because they had already played both teams this season.
“Those were harder matches to get excited for,” Johnson said. “We had an opportunity to get some younger girls in those games.”
Madison Elliott led the Eagles with eight kills followed by Valerie Most and Tara Callahan with four each.
Alexis Franzen had three kills in the match while three players had one apiece.
Sydney Widick was 14-14 on set attempts with 11 assists in the match.
Brady finished the triangular with a win over Medicine Valley, also in straight sets, 25-18 and 25-10.
The Eagles sat and watched Medicine Valley take on Maywood and that break may have forced them to start slow in the first set, Johnson said.
Brady responded in dominant fashion in the second set, taking it to the Raiders, 25-10 to end the match.
Callahan collected six kills while Most had five and Josie Palmer four.
Franzen and Autumn Hild had three kills each.
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates