Gothenburg beats Bulldogs by 6 strokes
The Gothenburg golf team hosted North Platte in a dual at Wild Horse Golf Club last Thursday, beating the visiting Bulldogs 202-208.
Head coach Tara Foster said she was pleased with how well the team played against tough competition.
Leading the way for Gothenburg was senior Kelsey Kuhlman shooting a season best 49 on nine holes.
“Kelsey really pulled through for the team shooting a career low,” Foster said. “We needed that from her.”
The low scores of the dual came from two Bulldog golfers. Erin Green and Morgan Lashley who both carded a 48.
However, consistent scoring from the top four Swedes allowed them to edge out North Platte by six strokes.
Foster said in the week leading up to the dual, Gothenburg focused on shots to the green from 150 yards and closer.
“You have to have good distance control from scoring positions,” Foster said.
Gothenburg will look to continue successful scoring at the Southwest Conference meet in Minden Thursday at 10 a.m.
Kelsey Kuhlman 49
Mallory McCoy 50
Taylour Marshall 51
McKinley Harm 52
Courtney Brown 58
NORTH PLATTE VARSITY—208
Erin Green 48
Morgan Lashley 48
Amanda Beal 53
Courtney Kohl 59
Alicia Sanchez 59
Alex Boson 59
Morgan Weaver 62
Paula Cardenas 64
Julyssa Rocha 76 Georgina DIshman 79
NORTH PLATTE RESERVES-240
Camerin Burtle 57
Alexis Bacon 59
Marissa Pascoe 60
Taylor Kramer 64
- A quartet of Swedes place at District C-4 meet
- Swedes take homecoming loss to Kearney Catholic
- Women in Agriculture conference Nov. 4-5
- Bag of blessings - helping cancer patients find hope
- United Fund kicks off 2016-17 campaign
- Barnes wins national championship buckle
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair