Will Rogers stops by at Sun Theatre
ENTERTAINER: Earl Bates brought the humor, singing and even some rope tricks of Will Rogers to the Sun Theatre Thursday as a kickoff event for the Harvest Festival. Bates assumed the Okie’s persona and used pre-recorded music with simple props, a guitar and harmonica to entertain the audience. His presentation covered the events of the United States from the late 1800s to the current days with concentration on the early to mid 1900s.
- Day care center in church gets special permit
- Husker Heritage tourney returns July 18 with new name
- Borchardt ends career with all-class gold
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Input of farmers’ sought for ’15 crops
- Doctor to join GMH after residency
- After tornado cuts swath through downtown, what do you do?
- ‘Ugly corner’ improvements move forward with city council action