Will Rogers stops by at Sun Theatre
ENTERTAINER: Earl Bates brought the humor, singing and even some rope tricks of Will Rogers to the Sun Theatre Thursday as a kickoff event for the Harvest Festival. Bates assumed the Okie’s persona and used pre-recorded music with simple props, a guitar and harmonica to entertain the audience. His presentation covered the events of the United States from the late 1800s to the current days with concentration on the early to mid 1900s.
- ‘The Big, Bad Musical’ comes to Brady stage
- Swedes edge Ogallala by one
- Backyard BBQ new event at contest
- Term limits, health issues bring about Sen. Wightman’s last legislative session
- Ehmen Park awarded state designation
- Hefty city purchase will pay off over time
- Two new employees join GSB
- Swede boys place fourth at Dutch Zorn Invite.