Lauer Boys win farm chore relay
Team champs for second time.
Not as many teams showed up as in years past but the three that did on Saturday afternoon came ready to compete at the annual farm chore relay.For the second year in a row, the Lauer Boys—Matt, Lance, Chris and Aaron—took the top prize of $160 with a time of 3:04, which was 28 seconds slower than last year’s winning time of 2:33 minutes.
Gothenburg State Bank’s team of LaRae Thompson, Laurie Brown, Brandon Kaufman and Roni Putnam came in second. Their time was clocked at 5:18 minutes.
Finishing third, with a 6:03 time, was Gothenburg Irrigation. Their team was made up of Logan Hayes, Lee Reuss, Jacob Peden and Joey Hoeke.
The teams competed against the clock in shucking corn, pushing hay bales, setting irrigation tubes, gathering eggs, milking goats and drinking the milk, and backing trailers.
- Gothenburg 8th graders blast McCook
- Gothenburg plays a feisty brand of basketball at North Platte Jamboree
- Brady volleyball players named to MNAC All-Conference team
- Nebraska Cattlemen host 2016 annual convention
- Chamber hosts Magic on Main Street next week
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Gothenburg youth prepare to serve our country
- Local sisters share more than genetics