Corn on the curb
GRAIN CART UPSET: Local police were called near the intersection of 20th Street and Lake Avenue Friday morning when a grain cart pulled by farmer Mark Oberg in a tractor slipped on an icy Lake Avenue and overturned in front of E.G. West Park. Police officials said Oberg was pulling two grain carts at about 7 a.m. when he started slipping on the ice and braked. The two carts swung to the side of the tractor and started to pull the equipment down the hill backwards. The report said the tractor and one of the carts hit a wall that encircles the park. The second cart came around the front of the tractor and struck its front, tearing a hole in the cart and spilling corn. The second grain cart snapped the bolts that attached the carts together and came to a rest against the wall. Oberg was uninjured but traffic was detoured around the accident until about noon to clean up the area.
- SWC Girls BB Bracket
- SWC Boys BB Bracket
- Swedes grapple to fourth place finish at UNK duals
- Gothenburg triumphs over rival Haymakers
- Capitol Update from Sen. Matt Williams
- McMeen steps down as CEO of McMeen Physical Therapy, P.C.
- Brady dominates Stapleton on home court
- Swedes defeat Sidney for championship