Cookbook sales top $1,000
Brady School Foundation members report that $1,000 was raised during Brady Days earlier this month for the foundation.
The Brady Beauties sold a cookbook, at the annual festival, entitled “Memories, Miles and Meals.”
Foundation member Marge Spencer said fund raisers help the organization raise funds to support educational programs for every student in the district.
Spencer said five cookbooks are still for sale at the Brady branch of the Gothenburg State Bank.
She noted that the Brady Beauties have entered the cookbook in the Morris Community Cookbook Awards contest. where it could receive a cash prize.
Award money must be given to designated beneficiaries, like the Brady School Foundation, she said.
“And we feel the Beauties have a winner,” Spencer said.
- Day care center in church gets special permit
- Husker Heritage tourney returns July 18 with new name
- Borchardt ends career with all-class gold
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Input of farmers’ sought for ’15 crops
- Doctor to join GMH after residency
- After tornado cuts swath through downtown, what do you do?
- ‘Ugly corner’ improvements move forward with city council action