Cookbook sales top $1,000
Brady School Foundation members report that $1,000 was raised during Brady Days earlier this month for the foundation.
The Brady Beauties sold a cookbook, at the annual festival, entitled “Memories, Miles and Meals.”
Foundation member Marge Spencer said fund raisers help the organization raise funds to support educational programs for every student in the district.
Spencer said five cookbooks are still for sale at the Brady branch of the Gothenburg State Bank.
She noted that the Brady Beauties have entered the cookbook in the Morris Community Cookbook Awards contest. where it could receive a cash prize.
Award money must be given to designated beneficiaries, like the Brady School Foundation, she said.
“And we feel the Beauties have a winner,” Spencer said.
- Obamacare policyholders question rising deductibles
- North Plains farm labor report shows wages up 3%
- New sand table for Dudley Elementary
- Rebecca Anderson earns world title in showmanship
- Four Swedes earn conference honors
- Chance to be Santa pen pal
- Swedes honored as all-district players
- Prescribed burn schools set for 3 area communities