Swimwear through the years
Nebraska Humanities Council speaker Susan McLain of Beatrice shared many pieces of her collection of swimwear and accessories and related what was going on historically at the time. Right, Sylvia Musil (left), Stone Hearth program director, and McLain display a beach costume from the late 1800s. Left, Stone Hearth medical aide Deb Welton holds an early swimsuit, from the mid 1800s, that resembles a bathing gown. Women often sewed weights in the sleeves and hems to keep the nightie from floating to the top.
- SERVICE IN JEOPARDY
- Winning team repeats in scramble
- Study shares ways to grow housing
- Peddlers in the park
- Lifeguards host annual swim carnival
- Trinity Lutheran construction to begin Construction.
- Commissioners discuss late bill privately, approve lake trail addition
- Brady school student numbers grow slightly