Swimwear through the years
Nebraska Humanities Council speaker Susan McLain of Beatrice shared many pieces of her collection of swimwear and accessories and related what was going on historically at the time. Right, Sylvia Musil (left), Stone Hearth program director, and McLain display a beach costume from the late 1800s. Left, Stone Hearth medical aide Deb Welton holds an early swimsuit, from the mid 1800s, that resembles a bathing gown. Women often sewed weights in the sleeves and hems to keep the nightie from floating to the top.
- Day care center in church gets special permit
- Husker Heritage tourney returns July 18 with new name
- Borchardt ends career with all-class gold
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Input of farmers’ sought for ’15 crops
- Doctor to join GMH after residency
- After tornado cuts swath through downtown, what do you do?
- ‘Ugly corner’ improvements move forward with city council action