BQA, low stress cattle handling offered at Lex
A Beef Quality Assurance (BQA) training and Low Stress Cattle Handling presentation will be Wednesday, Aug. 21, starting at 4 p.m. at the Dawson County Fairgrounds in Lexington.
The day includes an opportunity to become BQA certified, enjoy a meal and learn from a renowned cattle handling expert, Curt Pate. The event is sponsored by Nebraska Cattlemen.
For more than a decade, Pate has improved handling practices and strives to create sustainability for the cattle industry by doing cattle handling presentations. Low stress handling provides a direct benefit to the producer. Improved handling alleviates unnecessary stress to the animal and allows the producer to move cattle more efficiently and effectively.
All producers are invited to attend this free educational event. BQA training begins at 4 p.m. with the meal and live cattle presentation to follow. A two-year BQA certification will cost $20.
For more information about Curt Pate, visit http://curtpatestockmanship.com.
- GMH contracts signed for two new physicians
- Swedes second at SWC play invite
- Brady girls focused on one game at a time
- Shaw: Dracula best fits our one-act cast
- All jokes aside, Swede girls mean business
- Swede basketball will attack with speed
- Midlands gets bid for Hammond Bridge
- Rudolph to be honored for heading Cattlemen