Youth attend ag workshop
Five Future Farmers and agricultural customers of Gothenburg State Bank attended an annual Ag and Beyond workshop on Dec. 3.
Local attendees were sponsored by Gothenburg State Bank. The workshop was sponsored by the Nebraska Bankers Association and conducted by David Kohl.
Kohl, a nationally known speaker who specializes in ag economics and finance, was professor of agricultural finance and small business management and entrepreneurship in the department of agricultural and applied economics at Virginia Tech University from 1978-2003.
Gothenburg State Bank supports the program every year by sending agricultural customers.
The students were said to have found the workshop beneficial.
Kohl said he was glad to see the “next generation” in attendance.
He involved the students in his talk and presented lessons on what they need to expect after they graduate from high school.
- Walk to end Alzheimer’s DAWSON COUNTY EVENT
- Experts don’t recommend getting into a lightning crouch
- Finken shakes off the rust, returns to education
- ‘Raising Nebraska’ exhibit highlights food and families who grow it
- Hazardous waste collection planned
- Herd rebuilding tips to be offered at State of Beef Conference
- Bronze Star for outstanding service in Afghanistan
- Raising the bar