Saddle up for a wild ride at the Gothenburg Rodeo
Lasso and Break: Brenda White from Oelrichs, SD, slings her lasso around this calf and breaks for time July 3 in Ladies Breakaway Roping at the 23rd Annual Pony Express Rodeo.
Right, Whit Peterson from Torrington, WY extends on a saddle bronc ride last Tuesday. Peterson’s ride was for successful time earning him a fifth place finish, with 69 points. Over 99 competitors from the midwest competed in the rodeo. After the rodeo on the July 4, fireworks were sparked and lit up the sky over Lake Helen, capping the Independence Day celebration.
- Lake Helen coming to life
- Dist. 20 state aid chopped
- Dawson County 4-H students return from trip East
- Rodeo, fun walk part of July 4 events
- Pony Express Re-ride gallops past Gothenburg
- Jack Ostergard part of Nebraska Sandhills Cowboy Hall of Fame
- Commissioners receive four bids for new culverts
- City council forced to go with gut over escaped dog