Holiday full of water fights, ‘grandma,’ more WATER FIGHT
Each year, during Jeffrey Lake’s annual Fourth of July boat parade, water fights between boaters and between those on water and on land seem to become more fierce.
Last Thursday was no different. Above, a craft with adults and kids manned with pumps that draw water out of the lake doused anyone and anything that came close. Pictured is a battle between occupants on the craft named “Cousin Eddy” and a pontoon (left) owned by Joe Wahlgren and Ross Ristine. Passengers were drenched, including those heaving water balloons at Cousin Eddy.
- Day care center in church gets special permit
- Husker Heritage tourney returns July 18 with new name
- Borchardt ends career with all-class gold
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Input of farmers’ sought for ’15 crops
- Doctor to join GMH after residency
- After tornado cuts swath through downtown, what do you do?
- ‘Ugly corner’ improvements move forward with city council action